Saturday, August 11, 2012

Second Annual Noteable Notes For Your Notice

We are driving through the Mediterranean Plain. Ella Fitzgerald is singing hymns to me. It is a beautiful day. I'm pretty ok with life right now. It seems that I should do a little blogging for you. I think I'll share some fun facts with you. 1. At our hotel in Macedonia, when you leave you put your room key on the front desk. It will be sitting there when you get back. And so will the owner. 2. The streets are clean. The shopkeepers wash them down multiple times a day. 3. Turkish toilets. If you don't know, don't ask. 4. We have eaten chicken from hell. That refers to meat cooked over burning coals. 5. I miss my dad. 6. Albanian has 35 letters. Come on, that is completely unnecessary. 7. It's wedding season. Dr. Rick Matchmaker Shaw is having a grand old time planning my life and picking out dresses for me. 8. Grapes have seeds. Apparently Americans are the only people on earth too lazy to spit out their own seeds. 9. Blavushka is a word that means "the blond one". It is funny to call Elaine Blavushka. 10. It is not funny to call Elaine Blavushka in Kosovo. The word sounds Serbian. More on that later. 11. It is funny when Elaine responds by naming Dr. Shaw Babaldi. There are a lot more than 11 fun facts about the Balkans. Unfortunately, it is time to find some dinner. We are all hoping we can survive a meal after the nauseating ride here. Wish our intestines luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment