Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!!!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! This is the day our team heads out for Macedonia. There are 12 members of our team. Right this second we are sitting on the runway in Lubbock preparing for takeoff. I am so glad you are reading along with us! We will go from here to Dallas, then London, Croatia, and finally to Macedonia. Then, the real work begins. We will be serving in Macedonia, Greece, and Kosovo. The men will be doing building projects and the women will work with children and other women. We will be teaching English with the kids. Language classes are a great platform for exposing children to the gospel. We will also hold a women's conference. I am looking forward to sharing with these women how valued they are by the Lord. We will do fingernails and facials, as well as talking about Jesus. Dr. Shaw has been taking a group to this area for many years. Much of what we do will be ongoing ministry. I do not anticipate baptising a thousand people every day. Many of the people in those areas have already heard the gospel. For the believers already in Macedonia, we hope to encourage and disciple. For those who have not yet believed, we are a consistent example of Christ. We will not change our minds or give up. Even if they are unwilling to accept Christ today, we will earn their trust and respect for tomorrow. So far, our travels are smooth. No grand stories to tell. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Later... I haven't had any Internet so far so the last bit is waiting to be posted. I just woke up somewhere over the Atlantic. In true London spirit I'm having a spot of tea. I'm feeling pretty cozy. What's more, my feelings about the trip are in much better shape. I spent most of the day in a slight panic, to be honest. What will happen when we get there? Will I be able to do a good job? I forgot to learn my Albanian testimony and my carry -on was two pounds over. Eek!! I told Brostuff this morning that I was nervous and he turned up the radio...Despite all that, I awoke (at what I suppose is 2am) to some serious relief. I feel confident that God has called me to go on this trip. I believe that he will give me the strength to do whatever it takes to make him famous. I know that both my family and my church family are proudly waiting for me at home. Lots of people have made sacrifices to make this trip possible for me. I want that to be worth it. Suppose I have so much fun that the last day comes as a surprise? That is my hope. I have the opportunity these two weeks to pursue a call to missions that God placed in my heart years ago. How wonderful is that? Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment