Saturday, August 4, 2012

Super Saturday

So sleepy. We are all dragging today, but glad to continue work here in Macedonia. Today we were at a women's conference at a church here in Skopje. The day felt like it ministered to us more than them. We met so many inspiring women that I don't know how I will tell all their stories. The church was a beautiful example of the family of God. Tomorrow morning we will go back there for Sunday morning service. In the evening we will go to the Roma church in Shutka. Every day we have to know which people group we will be with. Today with the Macedonians was a different experience than our time with the Roma and Albanians. The problem is, I love them all. As I got a little too tired and perhaps a bit weepy., I began to think about all the people I care about. Already, it is hard to be there for all the friends, family, and special people in my life at the same time. I cant even pray for all of them without leaving someone out. Every day we spend here, we meet and fall in love with more people. I realized that I feel the same passionate hope for the lives of my new friends in Konjare and Shutka as I do my own family. The same desire for them to know and follow Christ, the same hope for their happiness, and the same desire to spend more time with them. I know that I will always think of Texas when I am here, and of Macedonia when I am home. I'm just not in the zone to process and retell the stories so far. We laughed, we cried, it moved me Bob. I need to go eat a peach, I bought a kilo of them this morning because language is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment