Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Crossing the Border

It's too hot to blog. Or move. Or live. Today we drove from Skopje to Kosovo. I have been stuffing new information into my brain all day, so I am likely to miss some things. We learned a lot about the history of Kosovo and how it came to be a country. We stopped at Mother Theresa's church and were able to spend some time with the priest there. It is very interesting to hear different sides of the cultural and religious issues in this part of the world. Tonight, a few of us are staying with some American missionaries who have been in Kosovo for five years. It was so nice to see beds made up for us. We have only been here a week, but there was something about being in a home instead of a hotel that felt really good. I look forward to talking with the missionaries tomorrow about themselves and how they ended up here. We will be helping with some kids clubs and worship services. I am interested to see if I like Kosovo as much as Macedonia. We have two days of ministry here and then we head south to see some biblical sites in Greece. We have an early start tomorrow. Remind me to tell you about the memorials. Goodnight, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment