Monday, July 1, 2013

Thank You!!!

Wow! I have so much to say today! Unfortunately, I'm having some computer trouble I haven't had time to fix so I'm posting from my phone. I won't write much, but I needed to send a huge thank you to everyone who worked on the care packages we received today. My Wayland family is awesome! Myriam and I got 2 packages today full of goodies. Snacks, pens , bubbles, and more. The best part was all the notes written from my bsm and Wayland folk letting me know they are praying for me. It was so great to read them. My card from Primera said from YOUR church, Primera Iglesia Bautista. That means so much to me!! I posted a video to Facebook sharing a journal entry from last night. Just hours before getting this package, I was asking God some tough questions. Is this even worth it? I don't wanna pour my life into following him if it's not. Pursuing God means giving him everything. Am I really on board for that?

This morning I got up and stayed busy. I wasn't ready to think about the answers to my questions and I was avoiding God. Finally, I got on my face. Looking over some notes from church, I began to ask who God i. Do I even know him? Call me a weirdo, but I began to think of Sleeping Beauty's song.  *I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream*    I found my way to 2 Timothy 1 and looked at Paul's absolute certainty. "I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. " It occurred to me that I do know who God is. My song became my prayer. I know you. I walked with you. I can do this. You are worth my everything.

Shortly after this, Jamie knocked on our door to announce a package that had come for us. Go Now told us one was coming and that we should film ourselves opening it. We had no idea what it was. I had no idea it would be full of the things I missed most, the love and support I left at home. After asking the Lord if following him was worth it he answered. His own words, hidden in my heart came to me in that moment.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. "

1 comment: