Saturday, May 11, 2013

Prayer Update

     Huntsville is getting very close! I leave on Friday for orientation in Dallas. We will leave from there the following Monday. By we, I mean my partner and I. She is from El Paso.  She and I will be living and working together this summer at the Hospitality House.

                This post is to update my prayer partners. I am so thankful for those of you that will be praying for us and the people we will be serving. Prayer is so vitally important. There is nothing that we can accomplish outside the power of God working in us. Even better, there is nothing we can NOT accomplish when he does! Here are some suggestions for things to pray about:

 

                                Safe travel to Orientation and the field

                                Good relationship with my partner

                                Obedience to God

                                Physical and emotional health

 

I also encourage you to check out the House’s website. http://www.thehospitalityhouse.org/support-us/ways-to-pray Here is a link to their list of prayer requests. You can look around and see what they are all about and even see some pictures of the House. Looking through this makes me want to dance around. I am so excited! There are so many things about this job that make me feel well-suited to serve in this way. Pray that I am able to use the talents and skills God has given me without getting prideful. I want to serve with humility and gentleness. I need to learn to give God credit.

                I’m gonna go out on a creepy limb here and give you my email address. I would really like to hear from my prayer team throughout the summer. katie.bice@wayland.wbu.edu If I didn’t ask you to be on the team, but you’d like to anyway, let me know! If you have any questions I’d love to clear them up. If I did ask you, thank you for following through. I chose people who have been instrumental in my life. If you are excited about me serving as a summer missionary, you are probably part of the reason I am.

                I really have to wrap up. It’s time to peel potatoes. Hooray for one week at home! Two hoorays for no more caf food!!  #dormproblems

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet Katie, God is working wonders in your life. You are so young, and so full of wonder, curiosity, and greatness. You will always be in my prayers- you are destined for awesomeness. Love you.

    ReplyDelete